Thursday, May 9, 2013

My sewing room

 
My sewing room is my little gettaway.  Its been a long time coming, and a work in progress.  My Bernina has been a pleasure to sew on.  I own a few of these little gems, and they have been such a joy to work on.
 This little room is filled to the rafters.  I have given thoughts to streamline my fabrics, kinda out with the old.  Teaching at the shop gives way to all the yummy new fabrics and I find a bag in my hand as I leave the store.  Good intentions aside,  I pull fabric out of my closet, and at that momemt, I remember what I wanted it for.  (Cant figure out why that's the only time.)
This is my cutting table and ironing station.  Lots of storage underneath both.  Sorry, no pictures underneath, needs some serious cleaning.  I have 2 large tubs of FQs which I plan to use.


I know, I know....You are thinking, "How can she sew with all that clutter?"  All I can say is, if its high profile, chances are, I will use it.  Out of sight, out of mind.
My Design Wall, also know as my bullitan board.  I do clean it off to arrange blocks, but its mostly used as a reminder of tasks unfinished.
There you have it, my little studio.   I have a DVD player, the televison is not hooked up to cable.  I use it only for my favorite movies.  Its fabulous for marathon sewing, which I do about every two months.  Its alway kinda of interesting to see where quilters create.  This is my little mess, but I love it!  Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. Ok... so I want your quilt room!! Its wonderful Louise!! I would just love the sewing table you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just found a way to display my fat quarters with an Ikea dvd tower. Now to get it home and assembled before the hubby knows any better. Ha, he's actually very good about it.

      Delete
  2. I found you! yeah!! love your sewing room...

    lorene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise! I Love your sewing room; that's a luxury I do not yet have. I have finished another quilt and will be bringing by tomorrow...I believe you have a class going. I am ready to take the next class now. Thanks for sharing your sewing room.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete